Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Basketball Season Begins...

The Bulls open their season tonight against the Oklahoma City Thunder in Oklahoma. Starting lineup for the Bulls, if I heard correctly, is Derrick Rose at point guard, Joakim Noah at center, Luol Deng at small forward, Taj Gibson at power forward, and Keith Bogans at shooting guard.

It's not exactly a lineup to excite someone with title hopes, especially with Carlos Boozer out for another month or so with his broken hand. But it's a solid lineup with few weaknesses. When Boozer comes back this should be a team to reckon with.

On another happy note, the Heat lost their opener to the Celtics last night. Now I don't hate the Heat, and I recognize that James, Bosh and Wade had every right to do what they did in free agency. I'm not all that pissed at them. But I don't usually root for overwhelming favorites (unless they're a hometown team) and would prefer that underdogs win more. I was happy to see the Rangers beat the Yankees, and I'll be happy if the Heat don't live up to the hype. I'm happy to see the best laid plans of these superstars not work out the way they want them to. I won't be rooting for the Heat this year one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment