Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh, well...

...No more Bulls games to worry about. It was an exciting run.

Should be one more game. I'm not one to complain about refs changing the outcome of the game. But I'll complain about this one. I believe there is no way Miami comes back from the 4th quarter deficit with only 2 or 3 minutes remaining without an assist from the refs. The Bulls were backing off on defense, allowing James open looks at threes, because if they got near him they seemed to get called for fouls. Meanwhile, the Heat had their way with the Bulls defensively. No calls. The excessive T's made me think someone had it in for the Bulls in this game. In this case it manifested with the disparity in foul calls late in the fourth, allowing Miami to whittle points off the lead with the clock stopped.

Not to take anything away from James' greatness. He still had to hit every shot to win, and he did.

I didn't think the Bulls could win the series, but I do think they should have won last night's game, and it sort of leaves a sour taste in my mouth...

*****

2 comments:

  1. This is what happens in the NBA, unfortunately. The Western Conference Finals have already been decided, so the league wanted to get the Eastern Finals over with.

    However, I hope that, in the Finals, they'll make up for the way the refs robbed the Mavs in '06, and not call a foul every time Dwayne Wade's defender gives him a mean look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! I tried to respond about a month ago but Blogger wouldn't let me, for som reason.

    Now that we've seen the outcome, we saw that the Mavs were allowed to beat the Heat. I don't know how the reffing was in that series, though. Take care!

    ReplyDelete