Thursday, June 24, 2010

Throwing in the Towel

Okay, it's official. I've been riding the edge of that Cubs bandwagon with one foot off, and now I'm jumping.

I just don't see THIS team coming back from 9 under .500 and 9 games out of first as we near the beginning of July. I suppose anything's possible...but I'm not holding my breath.

And I'm divesting here. I don't have time to live and die with Cubs games. I'll still follow the news of what they're doing, especially at the trading deadline, and I'll still probably raise my hopes a bit with a victory, but I won't have those same hopes sagging with each defeat, because they've sagged.

So...on to the Bulls' draft tonight. Who are they going to take? Tribune mock draft suggests it will be Paul George; ESPN's Bulls guy (can't come up with the name at the moment) suggests it will be James Anderson. I guess the answer to that question will tell us a lot about what the Bulls' plans are leading up to the beginning of the Thibidoux era...

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment